Ken has released a statement confirming various details of Crossrail. In summary:
- As already announced, TfL will take sole control of the Crossrail project from next year
- The Abbey Wood branch will be built in the first phase - a direct rebuttal of rumours it wouldn't.
- Crossrail services will be phased in over 12 months
- Standard rate zonal fares (including Oyster) will apply to most of Crossrail, but premium pricing on the Heathrow branch will continue.
- The Mayor hopes East Londoners will be able to get jobs on the project.
- "With the advent of Crossrail, total public transport capacity will increase by 10%", which represents "40% of the extra rail capacity London needs by middle of the next decade".