Just in time for the closure of King's Cross Thameslink and the opening of the Thameslink platforms at St Pancras this weekend, here is a complete diagram I've made of the whole complex, in the style of the tube map. It attempts to show every public passageway, escalator and entrance, and as far as possible it's geometrically as well as topologically accurate, so in a very approximate way the shape of the interchange blobs matches the shape of each interchange.
There are a few of the more obvious things I left out:
- None of the changes for the new King's Cross concourse are shown, though the new tube station passageways underneath it are.
- It shows all of St Pancras as open. The Circle and the coach station are not.
- Pancras Road continues further north.
- The public part of the mezzanine level at St Pancras is not shown, but there's very little on it of note.
- The temporary diversion of the passageway to the Piccadilly Line is not shown.
- I couldn't be bothered drawing separate lines for GNER/NX East Coast, Hull Trains, Grand Central, etc.
- It's in Gill Sans, not New Johnston.